Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Factory Reset

Options
  • 12-03-2022 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I'm helping my son do some work on his home.

We need to move replace sensors on windows and doors.

He has a very old ITEC Horizon but not the budget to replace it.

I know I can't ask for codes or manuals on this forum.

But, If I turn off all ac and dc power to the panel will it default back to factory engineer code.

I have an old ITEC Meridian panel at my own home and same engineer factory code may work.

I'm not asking for any codes. Only , what will happen when panel is powered back up ?

Best Answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭kub

The Horizon Panel was the big brother of the Meridian. You are correct about the Meridian and indeed about how ancient your sons panel is. The Horizon was different to the Meridian as in, when completely powered down, would retain all programming when powered back up, assuming that the LK 1 Link is intact on the PCB.

So assuming that the panel is ok, then you power it back up the existing user code should still work.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Muglins

Thanks a mill. Very helpful.

I was surprised anyone would be able to help. You’re scope of knowledge must be immense considering I installed my meridian in 1987. Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fullstopsecuirty

I might have a old itec system in my store room if your stuck for it

Advertisement