Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best use of Chips until end of the Season.

Options
  • 11-03-2022 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

So we are starting to head down the finishing straight to the Seasons end. As always with FF matters a large dollop of luck and circumstances regarding injuries can feed into your final points total.

However if you use your remaining chips well you can maximise your points returns. With the low number of games in GW 30 it seems like a good time for people to use the Free Hit option if they still have one kept. It looks like GW 36 could see a good few teams having double fixtures so it may well be at least as good a time to use a remaining Free Hit Chip as in GW30 iykwim.

The only thing about leaving it until then is that some teams will be safe from relegation or have missed out on European qualification so have little left to play for so might throw on some young players towards the end of Season.....thus denying you the chance to gain more points from established players who would normally play in every game iykwim.

Speaking personally I have a WC,BB and FH chip left.....not fully decided on when I will use them yet but will probably use the FH in GW 30 as I only have 6 players for that GW.....have Harry Kane alright so he would be a good Captaincy option,also have Saka and Ramsdale who could pick up decent scores that week.

Might WC in GW33 and BB the following week.

What are other people thinking of doing?....and what chips have ye left to use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

I was / am debating FH for gw30 but also considering sacrificing that gw (not sacrificing but maybe just settling with having about 6 - 7 players), free hit gw33 for that small dgw and wildcard 35 with bench boost in gw36. Have TC too so might use that this gw, need to study the fixtures for 33 (last I checked a few teams were playing twice) and 36 before I put all the plan together and honestly it’ll probably all go out the window anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Still have 2 FH, BB and wildcard.

I have 9 doubles for this week and I have 9 for GW30 as it stands right now.

FH in 33 seems like the first plan for me, followed by wildcard in 35 and BB the following week for the last DGW. Might just leave the second FH for 38 lol 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye I have WC BB and FH left

Plan is to dead end into gw30 - sell Salah etc:

WC GW 31- hello Salah

FH in GW 33-

BB in GW 36 - should have good amount of DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have just 2 FH left. Initial plan was to FH 30 but now thinking of just going with 7-8 players in 30 and then use the FH in 33 which could get me up to 11 doublers. I think it should be worth forgoing the FH in 30 and be missing 3-4 players in exchange for getting up to 11 doublers out in 33.

Last FH will be used in DGW36, even though all players double that week the FH will help to swerve premiums in danger of rotation due to CL and also target easier fixtures and target the relegation threatened team who goes on a good run. I think 37 is a smaller dgw so that could be an option too when we know the fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Still 2 FH, WC and BB

FH in 30 and maybe 33 or 38

WC in 35

BB in 36

TBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I've 1 FH and BB. Most likely use my FH in DGW33, as lots of the big teams are playing. Not sold on my BB chip, so will use it when my bench looks decent. Will there be a DGW in 36 too? If so, I'll prob use it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea most teams will probably have a double in 36 so save it for then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea I'll be doing the same as you. I think we can decide 36/37 closer to the time as it probably depends on the squad set up. If I can get a decent 11 out in 36 with 2 games each then I'd consider using it in 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This is just a rough guide for the potential remaining games for the 'big 3' FPL teams.

The April dates are fixed but the May ones could be moved yet. I've put the DGW games into 36 just for a placeholder, but they could also go into 37 because of the FA Cup final.

All 3 sides are going to be playing every few days, so surely there's going to be a good bit of rotation? I think it's gonna be hard to predict long term line ups here, especially in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've a WC and BB left in play. Current plan is triggering the WC in GW34 and the BB in GW36.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FH left and struggling to decide when to use them. Will BB in 36 and FH in 37 but no idea when to use the other if not this week. Have 5 DGW players and then Spurs/City/Pool players so not much upside to it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The FH does allow you to switch up your DGW players too though. It allows you to pick the best DGW players, not just have DGW players. For example, in 36 I will have Foden as a DGW player for Man City but I might want KDB instead in that GW because of form/injuries/rotation etc. Is Maddison a good option this GW or should Lookman be tried for a one GW punt instead?

If the DGW players you have are the ones that you want, then it becomes less of good time to use the chip alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I was all set for BB this week (33) and Free Hit in 36. Doherty injured and Cucho and Wilock doubts is making me re think. I could still potentially get 7 games out of my bench and nearly want rid of it at this stage

Maybe I should do FH this week instead but I’m not too enthusiastic about the fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Best triple captain option for the rest of the season?

Ronaldo home to Norwich and away to pool.

Wood home to Leicester and palace

Any Chelsea player home to wolves and away to Leeds

Any Leicester player home to Everton and Norwich

Any villa player home to palace and Burnley

Any Everton player home to Brentford and palace

Any Liverpool player home to spurs and away to villa

Advertisement