Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day parade, parking and logistics

Options
  • 11-03-2022 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi guys, I am coming to Dublin for a couple of days over St Patrick's day. My 7 year old is keen to see the parade, me; not so much! I'm not sure of the logistics of it. How early would you need to get there to get a reasonable view? We will be coming from Cork that morning so we will be limited in how early we can get to the city. Are there any portions of the route than might be a bit easier to get a spot? Can anyone recommend parking that will be assessable from the South with the road closures? I was thinking Jervis but not sure what roads will be closed around it or if we'd be able to get to it. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

You'd be better off parking at the luas park and ride and getting the luas in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hi Navy Blue, to be honest it's a day I avoid the city centre!! But you're committed now, fair play to you.

The key question is.. where are you thinking of staying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Definitely red cow Luas. Also consider the festival quarter at Collins Barracks, will be more family friendly than the parade. Museum Luas stop on the same line.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

Thanks for the replies everyone. We decided not to bother going into the parade. My younger child just wouldn’t be up to the hanging around waiting. Thanks for the tip about Collins Barracks, we are going to the zoo on Friday so will check that out afterwards.

Advertisement