Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts 2022

Options
  • 11-03-2022 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Crufts is on this weekend. I have it skyplussed.

What do people think of it? I'm just watching Clare Balding on it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I only really watch it for the competitive obedience/agility/dog sports really, I love seeing dogs excited and having fun. The breed shows don't excite me too much, I usually fast forward to the end of them if I can!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭apache

I watch it all. It was mostly the flyball that was been shown today. The hound group is being showed tonight.

The Siberian Husky and the Border Collie are through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

We watch it on live stream, I really only watch the agility, obedience, dancing and fly ball. We even participate along when time allows, Esmae the Pom has a homemade fly ball course in the living room and we pull out some of the agility poles in the hallway, Mr C just potters around looking for treats though. Esmae’s weaving technique is steadily improving as the weekend progresses.

Have to say how impressed I am with Willow, I get she’s a working cocker, but the dedication her handler James and their relationship is defo something to admire.

I just watch the highlights on Ch4. It's enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Im stuck isolating with covid so taking full advantage of having a tv all to myself and have the YouTube live stream on all day 😂

• Advertisement

Just watching the heel work to music. Some brilliant dogs there.

None of yesterdays coverage sky plussed for me for some reason. The hound group would have probably been my favourite so that's disappointing.

Edit - I found the judging of the Hound group. Just watching now...

Post edited by apache on

What a Crufts weekend!

Group lineup is:

Working - Siberian Husky

Pastoral - Border Collie

Terrier - Irish Terrier

Hound - Greyhound

Utility - Toy Poodle

Toy - Yorkshire Terrier

All that's left is the Gundog group before Best in Show later on tonight.

And Best in Show 2022 goes to the Flat Coated Retriever with the Toy Poodle coming in reserve.

I loved watching the agility, especially with the young trainers.

I was rooting for the border collie or the greyhound for best in show, (I'm a sucker for collies, we always had rough collies at home growing up) but I was happy with the winning retriever too. :)

Many, many years ago an uncle of mine won best of breed with his staffordshire bull terrier.

Advertisement