Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adamstown: To buy or not to buy

Options
  • 09-03-2022 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

There are a lot of new houses coming up in Adamstown and Tandy's Lane is one of the most famous projects in the area currently. However, the house prices all across Dublin including Adamstown have gone up and if you want to buy a 3 bed house end terrace in Tandy's Lane then you will have to spend €480k roughly! Do you think it is worth investing so much amount of money on a 3 bed house in Adamstown? How long the prices will continue increasing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Craazysteve

That sounds very high for a 3 bed in Adamstown, which doesn't have much to it apart from loads more housing. If you're spending that much, a quick look on Daft shows you'd get 4 bed houses in established parts of Lucan for that (or at least you would if they sell close to the asking prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I rented in Adamstown for about two years. I can't say that it's a bad area, but it is the most soulless, banal place I have ever lived. The whole thing feels artificial, and there is no sense of community. That was just my experience, but take it for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

See my comment in the Tandy's Lane thread.

Advertisement