Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability allowance

Options
  • 07-03-2022 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Ive recently wrote in to disability allowance saying i was working for a few weeks now my disability allowance is under review should i be worried?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rogerroger22

Did you lose the Disability Allowance in the end?

You'll be waiting a while to hear back from them about their decision, I sent I'm an appeal 21 days ago and yesterday phoned up to check the status of the appeal turns out that they are only now looking into it and they couldn't give me a timeframe of when a decision would be made.

Hope the review goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

We're you on DA or appealing a decision to refuse , if you don't mind be asking 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

I'm on DA I'm appealing a decision to cut my allowance because they have my income as being way to high thus they cut my payment down to €100 per week, at the moment after tax I only earn €155.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Gosh, that's harsh, sorry to hear this.

I just noticed this thread is not in the state benefits thread, there's some excellent people on DA over there and others very knowledgeable, just thought I'd point this out also if any advice etc needed.

I wish you well in the appeal, I'm sure it will work out

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Katherine62

Hi,

I know this is a old thread, but has anybody got ulcerative colitis and gotten this payment? I've had the disease since 2018, But I did not realize that this would cause me severe issues until the last year, when I have flare ups I physically am bed ridden, its gotten very bad, I've now been put on BIOLOGICS, injections weekly, I've had a recent colonoscopy which has showed spread of the disease and active colitis, it was contained for a while, but has spread , my partner works, I stay at home and mind our children, he earns a good enough wage but not enough for the 4 of us to provide on his own, I recently thought about going back to work but unfortunley there's no way I could sustain a Job with my disease at the moment, I have contacted my consultant and GP and admitted all my records, but I keep seeing alot of posts saying some people were refused etc, it just seems crazy, if you have a full on disease its there in black and white photo evidence and they still deny people ? If anybody has info or advice that would be great,

thanks

Advertisement