Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I open and edit Word, Excel, PowerPoint documents in a MacBook Air?

Options
  • 06-03-2022 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I’m thinking of getting a MacBook Air notebook. So far, I’ve only had HP laptops with Windows which have been great but it’s time to upgrade. I like the idea of Apple as I have other Apple products so it would be good to have them all communicating and synching.

The thing is that I would like to be able to use some MS Office docs but can they be used on iOS? An example would be that I have Word / Excel docs on a USB…can I edit / create new on iOS?

Is a MacBook worth it and what are the pros / cons vs e.g. a HP laptop with Windows?

Thanks!

Post edited by CuriousCat81 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

Yes, I have full office on my macbook.

If you spend a lot of times on excels I find it a little clunky compared to Excel on windows but buy a mouse/usb I find it helps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

You can get a Mac version of Office or use something like Libreoffice for free (https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/)

Only you can decide if the switch is right for you. I bought my first Mac 10 years ago after a life time developing software on a Windows machine and I would not go back. I won't be going back because I find the integrator is great. In the past I used to buy a new laptop every three years or so, but the Mac is still going strong after 10 years.

Advertisement