Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life after DSA completion

Options
  • 06-03-2022 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience of completing a DSA (debt settlement agreement) and buying a home within a few years of completing.

I am due to make the final payment in a relatively straightforward forward process in about 12 months. We would love to purchase a property with the help of a small mortgage in the next 2-3 years.

There is a lot of information following bankruptcy settlements but I have not gone through bankruptcy. I will be solvent again in 12 months time and have not missed a payment during the lifetime of the DSA.

Has anyone gone through this and been able to borrow for a new home afterwards? Has it been straightforward? Has the new lender insisted on any additional terms or payments as a result of a previous dsa?

If anybody could shed any light on this, I would be very grateful. I'm ready now to plan our future!

Thanks!

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod note

I've moved your thread to Banking' Pensions and Finance Mammy_or_Cake, which probably a better place for the advice you're looking for.

Local charter applies

Thanks

HS

Advertisement