Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes EQB

Options
  • 05-03-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

Seen one of these and interested, no idea if thread already on them. Can't seem to find a search function

Anyone know much about them? the website is terrible and doesn't even have a brochure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

Starting at a touch under €69k! https://www.mercedes-benz.ie/passengercars/mercedes-benz-cars/models/eqb/suv-x243/explore.html

They look a bit "squashed" to my eye, but if you need a 7-seat MPV / EV .. it's that or the Model X right now (or the occasional old Model S with jump-seats).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

I have X5 but would like a swap. No real 7 seater options and really we just need a 6 seater so this looked a good option

The price is more or less what any car that size is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭brokenangel

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

anyone has experience with EQB? I see their 2023 model is now cheaper than similar GLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I was looking at one in the dealer last week. Nice car, not really a 7 seat full size, more like 5 seats plus luggage or 5 adults + 2 kids seats.

It's probably between X1 and X3 in terms of size, rather than X5 or Q7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Test drove an EQB 250 when they came out. Ok to drive, range is ok and a pretty upmarket interior. Exterior styling is pretty awful especially the side profile and rear end. Third row seats and boot space with seats in use are a joke which makes it a bit pointless. No way comparable to even something like a Kodiaq. They haven’t sold in significant numbers which tells it’s own story.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,795 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Brother in law just bought one, he's very happy with it. 7 seats and only the youngest of their 4 children fits in either of the 2 rear seats, but they aren't all 6 in the car all that often, so a good choice imho

I'm going to look at one in the local mercedes dealer on saturday hopefully. I'd only occasionally need seat 6 and 7 in use but when they are, it is likely for holidays or longer trips so would at least need room for legs!

Forget about it then. Only suited for small kids and when both are in use, there is barely any space for luggage left. Far less than there was in my Porsche Boxster 2 seater LOL

They come preplumbed for a roof rack and roof box, the luggage space wouldnt be a concern necessarily but even the smallest two are just turned 14 so would need some leg room at least.

Jebus it's a far cry off from when I was a lad, 8-10 kids in the back of whatever of the dads had the biggest car!

• Advertisement

Unless they are dwarfs, 14 year olds will not fit comfortably or safely in the third row of an EQB, going by my 10s look into the back of one 😂

But you are right to try it for yourself. I might have assessed that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭frank730

are there any known issues with GLB? some facebook users have complained water getting in from passenger side during heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I don’t think anyone would be too safe in the 3rd row seating of an EQB if unfortunate enough to be rear ended. There is very little distance between the headrests and the glass in the tailgate.

Advertisement