Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single room HRV - any impact on ratings?

Options
  • 05-03-2022 10:32pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I last got a BER done - for an SEAI grant - most rooms had fixed through-wall ventilation, no covers, so would have lost some rating on that (it was identified in the longer report as an issue also). Some rooms had closable covers.

During upgrade works, all these rooms have now been fitted with single room HRV systems - these I think, with a bathroom specific humidistat driven one also which should, in theory, provide significantly more efficient ventilation.

The DEAP manual seems to only cover whole house MHRV systems and seems extensively concerned with ducting which this doesn't have.

Are these going to have any impact, positive or negative, on eventual re-rating? Not planning anything now; but the culmulative impact of the multiple fixes to other reported problems (unsealed suspended floors downstairs now sealed, lack of draught stripping on a since replaced front door, that door itself having a low U value) and two others that the assessor mentioned but aren't in the report (letterbox, hole in wall for vented dryer) would presumably be enough to tip it at least the 9.3kwh/m3/y it needs to go up another notch even without any impact from HRV so it's something I'd do before selling even if the existing cert was still in date.

Advertisement