Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vulture fund is taking ages to appoint solicitor

Options
  • 05-03-2022 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭

My partner and I went sale agreed nearly a month and a half ago. We paid our deposit and even got a survey and valuation done. Assured by the estate agent that all was well.

But the vendor (who is a vulture fund) hasn't even appointed a solicitor yet so we don't even have the advice of sale to start the conveyancing which from what I've usually been told is usually done the same day the price is agreed.

This is proving very frustrating. I was okay with not having a quick sale, but we're a month and a half in and we basically haven't even started. God knows how long this crowd are going to take on every single query or piece of paperwork along the way.

We're starting to question if it's worth hanging about. Anybody have a similar experience with vultures?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

In my experience vultures are a pain in the ass. Everything has to be OK'ed by some guy in the USA, who doesn't understand Irish conveyancing practice and wants to sound tough by telling the Irish staff that the price wasn't high enough or thinks his own solicitors are charging too much and doesn't want to sort out issues such as planning etc.

Advertisement