Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vlan issues tplink ax1500 replaced VF router

Options
  • 05-03-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for some help before I set fire to this tplink ax1500 router.

Replaced the provided vf gigabox router with a tplink ax1500, setup vlan 10 username password etc. and internet is working fine.

Problem I’ve hit is I have a zgemma satellite box and it will not grab an IP address when the lan port is set to use the vlan ‘internet’ so I set that port to use vlan ‘iptv’ and the zgemma gets an IP and can access the internet, perfect. Then I try to browse to the zgemma web gui from my laptop and it can’t get to it. Can’t see any where to create acls or routes or trunking between the vlans but to be honest I wasnt expecting to have to get into that on a consumer device.

So is there anyway of allowing access between the inbuilt vlans, (internet, voip, iptv), on these archer wifi6 routers or are they locked down which would be strange.

Also I’ve updated to latest firmware and in fairness it’s a good upgrade for Wi-Fi signal especially 5g but if i can’t communicate with my own devices it’ll have to be returned.

Appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

You only need to configure VLAN10 on the WAN port. The ISP (VF) would only be using VLAN-tagging for incoming internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭PCDub

Issue turned out to be devices can not communicate between the inbuilt 'internet' and 'iptv' vlan in the ax1500. As my satellite stb would only get an IP when the Lan port on the ax1500 was assigned to the IPTV vlan none of my other devices could communicate with it. This meant i could not browse to the sat box gui from my laptop or stream using vlc etc..

Spent a couple of weeks with TPLink support, couldnt get it working and ultimately returned the router for a refund.

Advertisement