Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calor LPG tank

Options
  • 04-03-2022 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

we have a Calor lpg tank installed since feb 19 when we started to build our house, it’s the system where they monitor the gas levels and top up then when needed.

The account is set up with a recurring direct debit so we’ve been in credit on the account from the beginning as we use very little gas.

Today, we have received an invoice for €4999 for a Tank Standing charge for the year ahead (March 22-feb23). Does anyone know what this is? As far as I was concerned we don’t own the tank and should only be paying a rental fee included in the cost of the regular bills. We certainly never paid a lump sum tank charge in either 2019/2020 or 2021.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Give them a call. There might be a minimum purchase amount in your contract that wasn't noticed when you signed up to one of their "deals"

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Delites

Thanks, didn’t think of that and of course I can’t find the pack we had from the installation. I’ll ring them tomorrow

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

In any case the figure seems way too large. If you don't get any satisfaction from them then contact the energy regulator.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

That’s definitely an administrative error, I think the max tank rental is €199 and that’s for customers with extremely low usage.

Advertisement