Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putin's Watch

Options
  • 04-03-2022 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Not the best time to be admiring anything about the man but he is on the TV a lot these days and I am often wondering about his watch. Does anyone know what the watch he is currently wearing is? I read he is an avid watch collector and owns millions of dollars worth of them. Before reading this about him this morning I thought maybe it was something specially made for him with potential gadgets or special functions (watched too much James Bond as a kid) but now I think it is probably just a pretty fancy regular watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭MacronvFrugals

The one he's had on the last while has been a Blancpain Grande Date afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭893bet

If he has a watch collection it’s just another turn off the hobby.

I know this is the watch forum. So we discusse watch topics but I don’t think this week is the week to initiate the discussion.

The only image I want to see is what watch he is wearing when his dead lifeless body is fucked into a hole hopefully by his own people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Fitz II

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Or a lamppost

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Ian OB

Saw this on Twitter, reckoned here would be the best/least worst place to share it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

It’s the limited edition Leman Grande Date Aqualung in steel. I’ve tried to buy one on more than one occasion, unfortunately the association with Putin has massively increased the price.

I wish Blancpain would do an updated model, I think their range could do with the Leman again as the Villeret is too dressy and doesn’t really fit into that more casual space.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Putins association increased the price? Weird, thought it would be the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

You’ll usually see it listed as the Putin Watch in C24, even the ones that initially don’t make the connection tend to alter it after. I remember when they were 4-5kish years back and then when the connection became apparent, prices doubled. Unfortunately, I can’t see that changing.

edit to say. I’ve just checked for the first time this year. Prices are way, way up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LeonOSearcaigh

Putin is a Robber-Baron Tsar, he likes Blancpain, he is an amoral monster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement