Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome is lagging?

Options
  • 02-03-2022 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭

I have used chrome all my life and found it good. But just the last couple of days I have noticed it's become very very laggy.

When I type into the browser the first letter I type will enter but then the others will take a while. Similar for backspaces, takes about a second to actually start and it's very jumpy. I have Edge too and it's instant. Even loading webpages seems to be much slower now.

• I have deleted all my cookies, cache and browsing history
    • I have turned off all extensions
    • I have closed all other programs to see if that affected it, it didn't.
    • I have restarted my laptop
    • Latest chrome update is installed

It's a work laptop and I have about 50 bookmarks saved (didn't seem to affect it before)

Right now, just one tab open, it's using 460mb of memory.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

could be add ons disable/remove if any, or completely uninstall and reinstall chrome, if your google acc is not synced export bookmarks first before uninstalling

Advertisement