Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charges for PSDP, Design Certifier,Assigned certifier for 6 bedroom house in add to Architect's fees

• 01-03-2022 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I am planning a 6-bedroom house with an approx built-up area of 2300 sq.m. I just wanted to know the approximate charges for PSDP, Design Certifier and Assigned certifier in addition to architect's fees? I believe an architect can do these roles but I wanted to know a rough idea of how much it would cost extra (for these roles) after say 5% of architect's fees?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Do you need a Design Certifier and Assigned Certifier? Are you going 'full' BCAR? For a one off house you can 'opt out' of BCAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JSS_15

Yea I don't want to opt-out of BCAR. I just want to know how much should I pay an architect for PSDP, DC, AC for the architect in addition to his architect's fees? Also how much would it cost for PSCS services -main contractor extra ? A rough idea would be great as I am not quite sure of the rates. Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JSS_15

Yes, charges for assigned certifier (AC), design certifier (DC) and project supervisor design process (PSDP) along with Architectural services. I will need a (PSCS) project supervisor construction stage (main contractor) as well.

Advertisement