Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving van to UK Dublin - Holyhead

Options
  • 01-03-2022 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hey lads,

Looking to do a return trip to the UK with music equipment in a LWB van. Just wondering if anybody on here has an advice on what paper work needs to be in place before hand? Do I need a Carnet if its the same load coming back? Any further tips and suggestions on this would be great also.

Leaving from Dublin Port to Holyhead and then driving on to London (Return Trip)

It would be my own private van going over with just myself as the driver

Thanks in advance

NC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Yep you would need a carnet best to talk to the customs people at Dublin port right beside the petrol station, As from a previous life in the airfreight industry there were forms companies would fill in if sending equipment of for repair that they didn't get hit for duties &taxes.

Advertisement