Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Acrobat DC

Options
  • 28-02-2022 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭

I can still take a snapshot with the above, ie, I can highlight the bit I want to copy but I am no longer getting a message saying copy complete (or words to that effect) and it won't paste anywhere else. I have uninstalled it and downloaded it again but same result. I have used this for years without any problems, wonder is this now only available in the "pro" version?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

TBH, i don't understand what is the issue you have.

Acrobat Reader is available and function as expected here.

Side note: the URL at the bottom of your page...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

Just discovered it will take a snapshot of some file contents (like the 2021 example) below but not the contents of others (like the 2017) below, lower file, have copied from this particular file previously, never had a problem previously, whatever the age or properties of the files.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭John.G

See if you or anyone can take a snapshot in this Firebird file, I now can't take a snapshot of any of my numerous Firebird files!!.

I see the file permissions "up" when I open the above file in Boards.ie but below is what happens when I open it from my own folder, I can highlight it as shown but that's it. You can see the snapshot icon in the task bar and the highlighted area to be copied.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Look up Security tab on each document. Firebird is pass protected and lots of permissions are restricted, Glendhill is not. Without pass wont be able to edit even with Pro. Author preference/right protection.

Someone might have better way to explain this or even some solution

Note: reprint increases document size significantly as this is effectively photocopy. Have seen 122 page text pdf of 1MB(original) turn into 65MB file thereafter

If you print same firebird document to pdf, then restrictions are removed, BUT .... page area is broken into pieces. Bellow is sample of rectangle(an image) it could select(left click), potentially this is how reprint takes images of the page. You can highlight(and copy/paste) smaller segment within that, but not across several rectangles, so more or less useless. Not sure if it can be adjusted to take whole page at once, @72dpi managed to get x4 "images/rectangles" per A4 page.

Windows snipping tool will take whatever section you want

Advertisement