Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Central Heating vs Air Source Heat Pump

Options
  • 28-02-2022 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am wondering if it would be a good idea to install oil central heating. Myself, my wife and 3 kids are in a 3 bed mid terrace house plus converted attic. There is no gas in the area. The house is timber frame built in 2004 , average double glazed windows, decent insulation. Currently no heating downstairs (just wood burning stove), and electric heaters upstairs. It is of course going to be cheaper having central heating than electric (our bills are very high), but I'm wondering if anyone knows a better option for me than oil? Such as air source heat pump or something modern? Has anyone an idea which would be the cheapest option in the long run for me? We have enough saved to cover any initial costs.

Thanks

Advertisement