Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watergate Estate and Sean Walsh Park, Tallaght

Options
  • 28-02-2022 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm looking at a house for sale at the moment in Watergate in Tallaght. From what I can tell and read, the estate seems nice. But I can see a lot of local coverage of problems with anti-social behaviour in the park. (I can't post links, but if you Google News "Sean Walsh Park" there are a good few articles from the Echo)

Is there anyone with experience of using the park or living nearby that could give me a better idea of how big of a problem the park is? Is it something that would put you off living in the immediate vicinity of the park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

The estate is grand, like all areas that are adjacent to a park it can have it's issues.

The estate is central to a lot of amenities and overall it is a quiet enough area. There are a couple of primary schools and a secondary school close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

As said, the estate is fine. The park is a strange one, I've never had any trouble myself but it has always had a rep of being a bit dodgy but I think it's improved generally over the years. It's certainly fine during the daytime, often brought the kids to the playground there and it's always busy with families.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

There's been a couple of very recent disturbing events in the park. Masked lads attacking people.

I'm local and in it most days. I'd also walk through it most Friday nights on the way back from the boozer and never had an issue. But it is a bit of stubbornness on my part as I know its a bit of a gamble everytime.

Estates are completely fine. As said very central to everything in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Micheal_88

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated. I got soundly outbid anyway, so onto the next one!

Advertisement