Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modulating Oil Fired Boiler

Options
  • 28-02-2022 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen or heard of the Sapphire Modulating Oil Fired Boiler. It can modulate from 32kw to 6kw (5:1). Stainless steel Hx but doesn't state minimum boiler return temperature. 23kw output nozzle available as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cillo2000

Did you go any further with the modulating oil boiler John? Not many companies doing them in Ireland, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

No I didn't. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on which way you look at it, its almost a "dead" certainty that I'll be on RIP.ie before my nearly 19 year old SE Firebird will be, with its fabulous Riello G5X burner.

I will be putting a query into a UK website shortly and post back any info I get.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Barton boiler services on YouTube do a video on one of them.

I'd wonder if the cost benefits of modulation makes it worthwhile. Especially as the manufacturer insists on their own proprietary equipment to set it up. Also I think they are very expensive to buy and service.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement