Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet with built in stylus

Options
  • 26-02-2022 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking for a tablet with a built in stylus for a 11 year old

Mainly for normal tablet usage and a bit of Drawing

Would like to stay sub 250 if possible

Could someone recommend something

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

With built in, nothing really beats Samsung and S-pen.

At your budget maybe Samsung Tab-A or whatever it's been replaced with in their lineup?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The S-Pen isn't built into the tablets, there's magnetic connections to keep them connected but they aren't stored inside the tablet, they are brilliant though, I'd be lost without my S-Pen, I even got a Pro backup. You aren't getting 1 of those tablets for sub €250 though, in fact I don't think there's any tablet in that price range with a stylus that would be suitable for drawing, the digitizer alone would cost more than €250 I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

ended up going to 350 and getting the s6 lite with the spen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

You won't regret it, I have the Lite and the regular S6, there is very little difference performance wise, nothing that I'd notice anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

• Advertisement

I haven't used it for watching TV/Movies, usually just for productivity stuff like notes

I've never noticed the different in OLED before, I have the lite in a rugged case with a full screen protector (I use it outside a lot) and my child has a regular S6 in a Spigen case, I'm going to have to take the S6 off her and swop it :D Saying that, it's only when they are side by side and watching video that you'd notice it, normal productiving or drawing apps are almost exactly the same, definitly not worth the difference in price to change.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,045 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i use this every day for work. Drafting, notes etc

its a great tab, and for an 11 year old it will be more than enough.

On a related note, Google Family is brilliant for giving your children a bit of freedom online while also monitoring everything as well as putting limits on apps while protecting your own YouTube feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

use google family quite regularly

very happy with the tablet purchase as is my kid really good bit of kit glad we upped the budget

amazes me the pictures he draws with a stylus, at that age only thing i could draw was a penis on my schoolmates books

• Advertisement
Advertisement