Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile homes

Options
  • 26-02-2022 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me of a gas fitter that will fit a new gas oven into a mobile homes as I have been refused by two registered fitters no explanation just we don’t do them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

Maybe try the camping and caravan clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I had a fitter install a 3-way fridge in my Mobile no problem. He's repaired the water heater a few times too. I'd see no reason why he wouldn't do a cooker, it's a very simple hookup. I'd say the fitters you contacted just don't want the hassle of going out to the mobile, when there's plenty of domestic work to do. Where is your mobile, is it in a remote location?

I'm in Clare, so his details might not be of any use to you, cos I don't know where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Mobile homes (last I heard) are a grey area for gas regulations. Most RGI installers won't touch them. I'd suggest contacting RGI themselves and ask for advice

Advertisement