Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 3a Screen goes bright green when pressed.

Options
  • 25-02-2022 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hoping you can help.

Have had a Pixel 3a since new. It's out of Google's warranty since the end of December.

Its been flawless and kept in a Spigen case with glass protector so is as good as new at least in appearance.

The problem is that yesterday at work o happened to lift my phone from the desk and see the screen go incredibly bright in contrast with a green tint. It stayed that way until I pressed the middle of the screen with medium firmness and returned to normal but would occur again as soon as I stop pressing.

It's stayed that way until today when it went the opposite. Going green when it was pressed, staying that way until I pressed it and back to normal and repeat.

Rebooting and a hard reset hasn't solved the problem. I spoke with Google support on chat who tried to fob me off with the warranty being expired until I showed them their own page outlining that they themselves acknowledging Irish consumer rights.

They said they'd get back to me about repairing the device but am warey and expect to be kicked to touch again by them which is very disappointing.

Has anyone had a similar problem ? There isn't a mark or a scratch on the body or the screen of the phone so am disappointed I've only gotten two years out of it.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Oops, duplicate post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

That's a pity, it sounds like a hardware issue all right. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.

Have one myself. Great little phone. Nippy enough for what it is. Using the dual sim with Vodafone eSim. Works flawlessly. Pity no more major software updates though (although I did get an update a few days ago).

Advertisement