Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating a garden room cabin 5m x 4m

Options
  • 25-02-2022 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have a new log cabin/garden room, 5m x 4m and about 3.5 meters tall at its highest... My plug in oil heater is just not up to the job and could take easily an hour to get the room up to temp.

Would a dyson heater be any good for this kind of size room for heating up fast? Am09 I'm looking at..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I wouldn't go spending loads of money on anything fancy. All plug in electric heaters are the same. A 2kw heater puts out 2kw of heat. Dyson heaters are the same as regular heaters in that sense. Personally I'd look at buying a 2nd heater and heat it up twice as fast. Maybe a fan heater. Once up to temperature you can turn one off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Depends how airtight and insulated the cabin is. Not much point filling it with heaters if the heat dissipates in jig time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

An hour up to temperature is actually good, if heat has been off for days. You might want to get a plug in timer to preheat at certain times. The digital ones from the likes of lidl can be set to specific days or times. You might consider a remote controlled socket so you can switch it on early from main house.

Advertisement