Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving part4 to fixed term

Options
  • 25-02-2022 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Been sent letter requesting fixed term contract. Original lease was 2018 to present without resigning any agreement (assumed moved to part4)

Am I loosing rights if accept a fixed term contract? And assume it means I can't leave before the term is up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭DubCount

AFIK you cant contract out of Part 4 rights. If you have part 4 now, you continue to have part 4 regardless of what contract/lease you sign.

The fixed term contract is a commitment on both sides for the fixed term. When the fixed term is over, you still have part 4 at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

What is the up side for you, they will have a break clause and you are locked in for a year. Right now how much notice do they have to give you. I'd reply back saying you are happy to stay on you part 4 conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sadgilmore

Right , but if I don't want to commit to the term l guess it means I wouldn't be able to leave or be liable.

Right now I think it's approximately 3 month notice period for us both (i.e. landlord and myself have to give 3 month notice)

@spaceHopper thank you that's exactly what my thoughts were but wasn't sure was I right in my understanding.

It seems like a loosing of rights to me and being forced into it.

Advertisement