Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old School

Options
  • 22-02-2022 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Had this since I was kid, absolutely loved it, however it was in a sorry state two years ago and even ended up getting given away by accident, which led to me having to buy it back the next day, however it was the kick in the arse needed as it made my mind up about restoring it.

With plenty of help from the lads at the bike rack in Dunlaoghaire, we ended up being able to get the bike back to its former glory. My part in the process was just sourcing parts so I can’t take any credit. As part of the overhaul it

received a full respray along with components from the era which includes some GustavM brakes and a set of Monster T triple T’s. The bike originally came with the smaller Mr T shocks but as it was getting a full overhaul I decided to try and source the Monster T. Delighted with the results and it’s a credit to the lads who worked on it.

I have not been following the mountain bike scene in a long time however I’m fully aware this bike looks very alien in comparison to the modern ones….but it has some good heritage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Looks great, I'm a big fan of these older mtb restorations, they may not be quite as capable as modern bikes but they are still ridable. Jordan Boostmaster has done a similar restoration on youtube and rides it on some pretty gnarly looking trails.

The stem makes it look really dated but otherwise it looks quite good the frame geometry is whack but thats older bikes for you.

The monster T looks great love it.

Advertisement