Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating only works upstairs if on downstairs

Options
  • 22-02-2022 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I am after moving into a house and have an issue with the heating. The house is heated using oil.

On the wall in the kitchen there is a switch labelled ground floor, another switch labelled first floor and then a timer. The timer has 3 options. Constant on, constant off and Timed.

if I set the timer to constant on the rads heat up downstairs regardless of if the ground floor switch is on or off. When the rads are on downstairs I can use the first floor switch to turn them on/off upstairs. This means I can either have the rads on downstairs or on upstairs and downstairs at the same time. I do not have the option to only put the rads on upstairs. Is it possible that this is an issue with the wiring?

Advertisement