Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saucony Hurricane and flat feet

Options
  • 22-02-2022 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭

I have terrible flat feet, always have. Got orthotics a few years back but am terrible at wearing them lately and don’t like wearing them running.

anyway, I remember the first time I got semi serious about running I got the whole gait analysis done and bought a pair of Hurricane shoes. They were mental money compared to what I had ever spent on a pair of runners before. But they were fantastic and so comfortable.

since then I had a pair of brooks ghost which I used my orthotics in and currently Nike Pegasus. Recently I have started racking up the mileage again and I need a new pair, but have decided it’s worth splashing out.

have gone on the hunt specifically for a pair of Hurricanes and am finding them very hard to source.

I’ve tried a pair of triumph on which were a great fit. I believe the hurricane is basically the same shoe just adding in the support I need. Makes me want the hurricanes even more. I also tried a few others, felt the brooks adrenaline gts22 were quite protruding into my arch and didn’t really like them. ASICS kayano we’re very cosy as were the saucony omni. The new balance fresh foam vongo were nice and light but I found it hard to warm to them.

went to wheelworx/runworx yesterday where I bought my original hurricanes. I must add that I did realise a bit after I bought them that they had sold me an old model at full price. I was always a bit peeved at that and did question them on it. They swore blind the 12’s or whatever it was they sold me were newer than the 13’s! Anyway, place is a disaster zone now. They have way to much stock in bikes etc. their shop has become a store room with boxes everywhere. I finally found a little table with, guess what, hurricanes on it 😃. 22’s not current version of 23’s, but so what, they are half price. …….. none my size ☹️ But she tells me they have a few in the back. Came out with a bright orange pair….. only ones in my size. Not a bad fit but I realised they say hurricane iso.(I had a bit of dr Google research done) and I’m quizzing her if they are regular hurricanes or what. She tells me they are the latest edition of hurricanes and they just rebranded them. she tells me they are new and at full price but will knock 20% off the €170 price tag. She also showed me another pair half size down. Again actually a decent fit and a nicer colour. She told me they were the same but I felt there was something different with them.

anyway, I’m trying these things on in a obstacle course of a shop, she is standing there, a useless lump of information and I feel I knew more than her….. except I didn’t know anything about these shoes She also assumes I’m buying them. Well I may have, but I remember last time getting shafted here and being sold old models so not yet, I’ll look them up first thanks. a bit of research last night and I see she was selling me orange iso 5’s the predecessor of the 22’s and also the nice colour ones were indeed different, being the previous model again the iso 4’s. I have to say, I hate that shop now and will never do business there again. (Given them a fair chunk of change over the years). Even If they offered me them runners now for €50 I don’t think I’d take them.

on the flip side, luke in run hub ashtown, so knowledgeable, very very busy, but gave me a lot of time (knowing I wasn’t buying),,,,, I’d give that lad €200 now for a pair of hurricanes. I did drop €30 on accessible just because he deserved a sale!

anyway, leaves me in a quandary. Do I buy something else or do I continue to try and source somewhere hurricanes online…… also wondering as they are hard to find, could there be a new model in the offing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,835 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks Swash.

i actually just found them on that 365 site thanks to a thread on here I started routing around on it but don’t have my size. Well, half size out, would probably be ok.

what’s the all tricks site like? Never heard of them before

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Alltricks are good. Many on here , myself included, have ordered from them. No issues.

I had tried the Triumph in size 44 which was perfect on one foot but ever so slightly tight on other and the 44.5 was perfect on the other.

the 365 site had size 44.

price was about €13 cheaper than Tricks, but it was also exactly (right down to the cent) the balance I had left on a prepaid Mastercard gift I received at Christmas

Meant to be!

hope it comes as quick at it says 4-6 days but suspect it will be more like a couple of weeks from what I’ve read here

• Advertisement

Arrived.

made a great decision. Seriously comfortable. Size is fine. Unlike the Brooks which I felt quite sharply digging into my arches, I’m feeling nothing with the Hurricanes .

ran over 10k in first wearing and no pains at all. Remember the days where it would take weeks to wear in a pair of shoes before you could wear them properly 😃

Advertisement