Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER rating in Carlow

Options
  • 22-02-2022 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

As first step in looking to see if I should/could do anything on the heat efficiency of the house etc, I was wondering if I should get a BER done as a benchmark?

Has anyone got one done in Carlow, any recommendations and do they just provide a Cert or will they also give advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

No recommendations for Carlow but elsewhere the typical cost seems to be between €2-300 for a BER cert. I don't think you get much for that, other than someone figuring when your house was built and what regs applied at the time. They'll take a look and broadly classify the wall construction and possible roof insulation, ask a few questions and key it all into their software, which will churn out a rating. That's adequate for meeting the requirement for selling etc.

Advertisement