Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diarrhea

Options
  • 22-02-2022 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭

Our two year old had the chicken pox 2 weeks ago

Since they cleared i noticed he had two bumps on the back of his head so took him to D-dock & they told me it was his Lymph nodes & should be fine,

Then 4 days later he started vomiting at night & had really bad diarrhoea, Over the weekend he vomited once on Friday & Sunday night at bed time, but not Saturday or last night & his bad nappy has remained very bad its almost a beige colour, ,

He is in great form and it doesn't seem to be effecting his personality or energy levels

Took him to the doctor today & she said i should wait & see and said it could be just a bug,

Anyone else gone through something similar,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

My 2 have tummy bugs last week. 1 year old only got sick once but her nappies are still that beige colour. My sons got it on Tuesday and his bowel movements only returned to normal colour on Saturday. I think its just the bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Thanks for the reply , i don't know why but for some reason this one had me worried sick , I cant even explain why ,

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Eireog1

I know the feeling. I reckon if they are eating and drinking and have good energy they are fine. It sometimes can take up to 2 weeks for a bug to clear the system. Hope they are feeling better soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I've found it can take a good 7 or 8 days for the nappies to right themselves after a bad bug.Keep an eye for now I would say.And get him some probiotics, vomiting really wipes them out and leaves them open to catching more viruses quickly.

Advertisement