Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cracking up with Zgemma

Options
  • 21-02-2022 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I bought a Zgemma H7S last year with open vix installed. However it hardly ever works, just sits there saying BOOT. Several power up and down cycles and it comes back. Whenever it does go through its boot routine and is successfull it works grand, but a few days later dead.

Spoke to the suppliers in the UK and did what they suggested but no good

My two questions are

1 is it possible to flash it back to factory supplied software that will do what I need?

2 An alternate recommendation to replace it ??

All I want is one Sat channel for standard uk chs, BBC, ITV etc. plus one terrestrial input for RTE etc. Needs to have HD and good sound.

All help mucho appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

No. Box should be replaced under guarantee. If it was from world of sat they have none in stock to replace it. I have one these set up and its fine. Mine came with the HDD ticking out at rear and I had to use an SSD. There are loads of fixes you could try but have probably done them all. Is box well ventilated ie have to checked to see if it is getting very hot.

You can have 4 images on box and as a last resort I would try loading another image say openatv in a different slot. There is also a recovery file that is supposed to get box back working. It has recovery emmc and its a bigger file. You put it on usb etc

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2

but with postage price adds up and you need usb hdd or a micro card.

If you tried all the fixes and they failed I would check guarantee ie get a refund and buy another from here virts.ie. You have the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 willsandbills

<Many thanks for taking the time to help out. World of Sat have not replied to my email and its just over a year old so prob no good there.

May I ask two questions, re the Octagon one you mentioned

1. why do i need to add storage to it if i dont intend to record ?? no problem doing it , just wondering why ?

2 Is this a box that has the manufacturers firmware and will work out of the box for me , i.e. all I will ned to do is tune in sat and terrestrial.

Thanks once again. willie

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Even if you're not recording, it may be downloading EPG information and could be filling up the available storage space. You could add a usb flash drive to the back of it, and make sure that the location for any downloads is set to that.

I've the same box with OpenViX on it, and it's pretty solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Sadly it sounds like you were unlucky and got a lemon. I too have used one for years now and it's bomb-proof 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 38 willsandbills

Thanks All, there is a co on ebay. based in Germany. Sat king. Ill order from there unless anyone had neg comments ????

willie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to add that EU law gives you a 2 year warranty as far as I know so if you purchased the box here you would be entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

1. why do i need to add storage to it if i don't intend to record ?? no problem doing it , just wondering why ?

Its me pointing out that is has an SD card if you did want to record instead of an HDD

2 Is this a box that has the manufacturers firmware and will work out of the box for me , i.e. all I will need to do is tune in sat and terrestrial.

No you wont ever get a box like that. The box is ideally for an enthusiast who will have a good idea how to configure it.

I saw on other posts you have an LG TV does that not have saorview and satellite?

Sat king is a good shop.

If you look on world of sat forum there is a big thread on the sf8008. The sf8008 does not have a lot of support on here hence the H7S.

Advertisement