Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multifuel stove

Options
  • 19-02-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭

I have a small multifuel stove and burn only coal for stoves in it ? I was wondering can I mix kiln dried logs with the coal or should I burn them separately.

Thanks

COH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KianG

We have one of them, they're built to take anything really. Multi fuel mainly means it can survive higher temperatures of coal etc without warping so throwing logs in on top of the coal like we do should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

They recommend not to mix fuel. One or the other at a time.

Coal burning gives off sulphur, combined with the relatively high moisture content in even kiln dried logs and your flue or stove can get corroded from the resultant acid far quicker than you'd like.

Coal likes air up through the grate, wood likes air washing down on it.

All that said when I was growing up we used whatever we could get our hands on.

Advertisement