Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crèche negligence

Options
  • 19-02-2022 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello

Just taking your opinions here. I have a 18 months son who goes to Creche everyday. Yesterday while picking him up I looked through the windows and found that he’s sitting on a table with only the body suit (the first ply you put on your kid). I was very angry because yesterday was a storm and it was freezing cold and the windows were open so he definitely was cold!

I asked them about this when I collected him and the Carer said apologies she forget to put something on him when she changed his top! That made me even more angry but I couldn’t tell anything

Now, my kid has a severe cough since yesterday and he couldn’t sleep and I’m not sure what’s the best course of action I should go for with the Creche taking into consideration that this wasn’t the first time, my son used to have tummy bugs and when I asked them about similar cases they were denying and was saying that they have a deep cleaning everyday.

now, what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Kids will pick up everything going in Crèche unless they have some immunity to it.

I suppose you've said your piece to them, they've given you an explanation. Youve two options. Move on or take them outta the crèche.

I don't see any reason for the latter. But maybe you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭notAMember

First of all, coughs are a virus or bacteria and nothing to do with whether the baby has a particular outfit on.

You didn’t say, but it doesn’t sound like he was crying on the table, which he would be if he was cold, so that sounds like a personal preference on your part.

Not sure why the workers apology made you angry. Seems unreasonable.

On the tummy bugs, did your child get the optional vaccines for those? That’s the best preventative action usually. They can deep clean to their hearts content, but babies are fleshy wet humans who will spread disease among themselves unless you keep them in a sealed box.

I don’t see any negligence in your post. Just normal baby experience picking up bugs from other babies.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mohm.kamal

Thank you for your comments. First, I will explain myself again because I think due to my bad English, or wording, I was misunderstood.

When I said I got angry, it was from the way the apology appeared, it was blunt and with a much of carelessness. I compare this apology for example with any of the staff in the Afterschool my other girl goes to, they are very heartwarming people, very caring, like a family. Even if they do mistakes, they acknowledge it and their apology is sincere. I don't know if I have explained this correctly now or not.

Now, to the other point; imagine that you're a Carer in a creche and you're overloaded, you pulled off the top layer from a child and forgot to put on something else back, and you sat him there on a table, with other Carers around, other staff members in the Creche without anyone of them wondering "why is this kid sitting on the table with body suit only while the windows are open!" and this is the part which mostly confuses me now!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What are you looking for here?

Someone to agree with your standpoint based on what you've said?

You have two options as mentioned, and further clarified by another poster above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭notAMember

Again it sounds like a personal preference on your part.

I wouldn’t be upset by the amount of clothes on a baby unless they were distressed. It sounds like you are upset by this. That’s personal to you, not any fault of the Creche. I can understand them not giving a huge apology as they may likely think you made a fuss about nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭chooey

I'd be a bit peeved if I saw my 18 month old in just.a vest, especially if it was cold outside and the window was open, but if they apologised for it, I don't think there's much else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mohm.kamal

I have felt inclined to take back my negative comments here. After spending some times with the creche, I find that the staff and teachers are very helpful and considerate, they do all their best and although it's very hard working in a creche, they keep their friendliness and smile on their faces.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone working in this industry, you simply do a great job :)

Advertisement