Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Dog Trainer (1yr old cockapoo)

Options
  • 18-02-2022 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m looking to get recommendations for a dog trainer in Dublin, preferably close to Dublin 18.

Thanks

Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Hi there, the only dog trainers I would recommend in Ireland can be found at www.apdt.ie as they are the only body in Ireland who actually have independently assessed dog trainers listed on their website.

There are so many cowboy dog trainers out there, we are lucky there is a website like this, if only more people were able to find it when searching for a dog trainer in Ireland!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Great thanks for that. I was looking at this guy http://www.dogslifetraining.ie/about.html and looks like he is registered with APDT so might contact him.

Wonder if anyone has used him before?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Yes, Stephen's great! Good that you have him nearby 😊

Unfortunately he is booked up at the min and no availability. Will check out some others from that APDT site.

If anyone has any recommendations from the list in Dublin that would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Hi,

I have used Emmeline from Citizen Canine Ireland & found her excellent. She’s on Facebook I believe & is also an APDT member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Eamon Dempsey in Positive Dog Training Sandyford is an apdt member so might be handy for you location wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

IMDT Ireland is also an excellent resource for positive reinforcement trainers.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I’ve booked in with Eamonn for today. Actually had him booked before seen the comment above so good to hear positive feedback on him. Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Éamonn is an excellent trainer, and a very nice fella. Best of luck now, hope you get sorted 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I've worked with Eamonn before, top trainer!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
Advertisement