Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV - no technical support - IR issue

Options
  • 17-02-2022 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I got Vodafone TV and Broadband installed at the start of Feb.

I wasn't aware a direct ethernet connection is required to the back of the arris set top box.

Long story short I dont have line of sight to the box for the infra red remote. I bought an IR extension cable but once its plugged into the set top box it switches itself off. (Some type of inbuilt security)

Vodafone keep trying to send out KN who can't help. The issue seems to be getting lost in translation with the foreign support team.

Has anyone overcome a similar issue?

For anyone who has Vodafone multiroom does the 2nd room use a repeat of the same box? Or is it a wireless box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

If it looks like thus then use a USB power supply to power it separately.

One side goes to set top box, other to line of sight to remote

https://www.freetv.ie/remote-control-extender/

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

I couldn't find any way around it other than to drill holes in walls and the guys installing fed the cable through from outside and hooked all up for me. Did a neat job too. Well worth paying a wee bit extra for them to do it.

Advertisement