Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How do you manage multiple kids ??

• 17-02-2022 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Was always wondering since I had my first and so far only child, how do people manage to have 3+kids ? How do you juggle work, housework, taking care of the kids, having time to yourself, spending time with your other half ??

My little one is 5 now and only in the last year, year and a half I could finally get stuff done around the house, go for a run, have a relaxing bath, sleep through the night you know what I mean .

How do people especially woman go through numerous pregnancies, child birth and everything else associated with having kids ??

5 years later I can still remember the day I went to Labour and omg I never wish to repeat that day in my life. Whenever I hear of someone being pregnant for the first time, I always congratulate them of course but can’t stop thinking of how they have no clue what awaits them in the process.

Do people having multiple kids ever wish they could undo the time and not have as many ?? I literally couldn’t wait until I got my life and time to what it used to be before having children. 5 years later and I am almost there. There is no money in the world that someone could pay me to have another child. Funny enough I always thought I want a big family. I can remember having huge arguments with my husband about him not wanting to have kids yet, was obsessed with babies and all stuff to do with babies. Also have a friend who was the polar opposite, never wanted kids, got pregnant by accident after too many drinks and now thinks only about children. Doesn’t work, doesn’t sent the child to the Creche, doesn’t get her hair done as she can’t leave the baby (a 3 year old) with her husband for an hour ?? Doesn’t go out, literally her whole life is involved around caring for her child. This is a woman that had a decent career who now thinks that the government should support mothers who should never work until their child I at least 13 as crèches and child-minders are destroying children’s mental health, man are not able to look after their kids and stuff like that.

So what influenced you to have multiple kids ? Any regrets? How do you manage your daily life with all the responsibilities?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

move this to parenting forum or another suitable one... just realised where I posted in

Advertisement