Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robot Vacuum

Options
  • 16-02-2022 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hey, I am a big fan of IOT and last year got a robot lawn mower which I adore. I am evangelical about them. I am warming to the idea of a robot vacuum but I read mixed reviews. I am not looking for a brand recommendation but at a higher level - do they really work? Is there almost as much work getting the area ready? Is the finish as good as a standard vacuum? Does the mop function work.

My house is single storied, no soft flooring - all polished concrete. I don't, currently, want the bedrooms done so the cleaning area would be about 150 sqm. I have a dog that sheds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

Buy one today the are absolutely brilliant I was like you 2 years ago they are the David Beckham's - there is one that vacuums & mops floors also not sure what they are like.

I got a Eufy iRobot 15c Max - I have it running on a schedule or you can ask Alexa to send it out on a ad hoc basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sekond

WE have two cats that shed a lot, and our robot vacuum(s) (we have a weird split level house, so we have 3 of the things) are a godsend. They work very well - although if they haven't been used for a few days, I find I sometimes need to get them to do a second pass. The actual vacuum cleaner now only gets used on the stairs.

I never use the mop function anymore though - it only allows for warm water, no detergent, so I found it wasn't worth it. That said, if it was being used every day it might keep on top of things with the occasional "full mop"

I also have them set up with Alexa, and the kids decided they needed names, so all have to is say "Alexa turn on Bob/Jimmy" and off it goes.

I wouldn't be without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

We got RoboRock S7, found it great, dont use schedule as with missus working from home and we like to lift dogs beds etc. so just use the App, missus was skeptical but has really fallen for it, the dyson like the other poster jsut for the stairs now really, we use the mop function a fair bit on the kitchen/diner tiled floor and it does a decent job, considering buying the auto empty dock for this model too, all in all a great robot and spares for consumable parts readily available on ali express and geekbuying etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

How is it for integration with Google Home or Amazon Alexa etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

We've alexa, yeah works fine, just tell it to do the named room from the App, less options as far as I understand, ie, i'd usually set to do a room and do it x2, dont know if you can do that via voice

• Advertisement
Advertisement