Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW26 Captains poll

Options
  • 16-02-2022 1:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Salah(TC)

GW26 Captains poll 82 votes

Salah(NOR/LEE) TC
    64% 53 votes
    Salah(NOR/LEE)
    17% 14 votes
    TAA(NOR/LEE) TC
    13% 11 votes
    TAA(NOR/LEE)
    2% 2 votes
    Jota(NOR/LEE) TC
    1% 1 vote
    Jota(NOR/LEE)
    0% 0 votes
    Ramsdale(BRE/NOR)
    0% 0 votes
    Other - mention in thread
    1% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

The top goalscorer in the league, and top FF points scorer, with 2 home games against the teams who have conceded the most, and 2nd most goals this season.

No need to over think this. Salah TC (assuming no injury tonight)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Salah TC currently.

Doubts about his minutes for both games supposedly but think the safer option is to go for Salah than trying to be too smart and going Jota or TAA.

It's Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,163 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Will wait until after tonight before deciding who, but currently TC TAA.

Salah is gonna be the majority pick. There is potential for a massive green arrow if the swing goes in right direction. Salah has blanked in his last 2 appearances (tbf both were kinda expected) but TAA has returned in both via clean sheets. He's due an attacking return!

The minutes argument is one I think Trent will start both and more than likely play 160+ mins. Because of the League Cup final and attacking options, Salah may only play 150 mins. The rotation will come in the Leeds game IMO

Also set pieces is a big deciding factor. No team has scored more than Liverpool this season, and Leeds are the 3rd worst defensively at set pieces this season. Corners into VVD & Matip will be key here. Liverpool actually pushed Fabinho into the box for corners in the reverse fixture at Leeds where he scored from. He wasn't usually attacking in the box at set pieces at that point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭shmeee

Just about to mention about hopefully no injury to Salah tonight. I already see players locked in on Salah TC. Why would anyone lock in a TC chip 3 days before deadline.

But as you said, this is the greatest opportunity to use a TC chip I've seen, and we taught Duffy in 2019 was gold....

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

He's unlikely to play 180 minutes (maybe 120-150 would be my best guess) over the two games, but hard to look past Salah. He hasn't looked sharp since coming back from Afcon but he's such a smart player. Makes great runs and plays off the last defender so well that he always gets chances. Plus he's on penalties. So he's the obvious choice, but no quite a no brainer I think.

I remember was it 3 years ago Harry Kane was in great form and had two plum home fixtures in a DGW. Thought it was the most obvious TC decision I'd ever seen. He was rested for one and then blanked the other. That's always the risk though. DGW by their nature come in the most congested part of the season and the fixtures that look most appetising from an FPL players point of view (eg Norwich at home) are also the most likely games that managers will rest their star players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

He played 2.5 games really, including CL. Scored in one and was very threatening in his 30 min cameo vs Leicester. Not bad for a player only back from AFCON!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why would anyone lock in a TC chip 3 days before deadline.

You can cancel your TC right up until deadline.

Same with BB afaIk.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Currently have Salah captain and playing BB. Think I'll leave the TC until another day. Could be madness if Salah hauls but think there's a good chance his minutes will be managed. Still could be playing for enough time for a monster though!

Anyone not triple captaining Salah is out of their mind.

The most obvious triple captain since the days of Suarez vs. Norwich.

Sadly, I used mine earlier in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭nomoedoe

8 out of 15 in my work league have all tripled captained Salah, like you said you’d have to be out of your mind not to TC him for these games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement