Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorizo... grrr......

Options
  • 15-02-2022 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

I can't eat chorizo or any other fermented meat.. repeats on me for the night if I do..

does anyone else find this?

going out for dinner this weekend - had a look at the menu and there's chorizo in the dishes I would otherwise choose... grr...

Surely I can't be alone on this?

Anyone else have a prob with fermented meats? chorizo in particular? TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I can't say that I have... could it be the fat content or/and the chilli?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

If you get the Spanish proper chorizo from Taste of Spain in town then its very spicy and has a not unearthy taste then yes Ive had it. But if its the Lidl own brand then its fine.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I have issues with a lot of foods, but no particular issues with chorizo that I've noticed. I usually buy it in Lidl or Tesco though (and only use small amounts), so maybe they're different to the real deal. Chorizo can be very fatty and greasy and spicy - could be one of those elements that's causing an issue for you?

It might be worth trying the Lidl version, as I find that particularly mild. You could start off with small quantities and if you get on ok with that, then try increasing the amount another day to see what you're able to tolerate.

For the dishes you want to eat out, could you ask for them without chorizo or would that spoil the dish?

Food intolerances suck 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Are you chewing it properly, if you wolf it down it will be slow to digest and repeat on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Yes - happens to me. I had to stop eating chorizo because of it. Dunnes do a really nice quiche with chorizo in it (small quantity) and even with that, I paid the price a few hours later. But no issues with salami, pepperoni etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,706 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yep same happens me. Chorizo is super for making a dish tasty but it gives me heartburn.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Maybe stay away from paprika

Advertisement