Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Key Forest-what to do

Options
  • 15-02-2022 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of going here for a day trip and would appreciate some advice on what's available to do.

I have a seven and eight year old and I'm a wheelchair user

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

So many threads unanswered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭AlanG

The Tree top walk is wheelchair accessible as is the viewing tower. For the kids there is a decent playground you pay into. There are some accessible walks around but not sure how many. I'm not sure if the lake tour boat is runing at this time of the year.

If you bring some bread or fishing rods the kids could kill an hour down by the lake.

In Boyle the Abbey is good and free. Acres lake boardwalk in Drumshambo is also very good. My kids enjoyed both at a similar age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks very much. We have done the Acres boardwalk and the whiskey tour. Both are very good

Advertisement