Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would like to install a Magaclean into system Boiler. Where to install ?

Options
  • 14-02-2022 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi Would like to install a Maganclean into our Gas System boiler. (Pressured)

The problem is all the Videos have it next to the boiler, but our Boiler (2004 Estate House) has the copper going into the wall. The only other place I think I could put this unit is the near the Hot water tank/cylinder (HotPress) is that possible?

Any help Appreciated.

Garyh3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Just an Update: Can I install on the Hot water return on the tank ? It 3/4 inch pipe though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

If you put it on the feed to the cylinder then it won't be cleaning all the output from your boiler. So it will be very ineffective. It needs to be on the 'combined' flow, maybe on the return to the boiler where the temperature will be lowest.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I can only see pipes in the HotPress would that have a combined return ? this has solar also on it. I think the pipe with the red shut off is the return but don't know if that is combined ?

The bottom pipe is cold water feed then to the left of that is Solar.

The motorized valve at the bottom next to the red shut off is for the hot water + Heating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭youtheman

You have a motorised valve to shutoff hot water AND heating (at the same time)?. That is unusual !. You'd really have to start tracing pipes to make sure you have the configuration right before you start fitting a magclean in your hotpress. The advantage of putting it next to the boiler is that the piping is much simpler.

Advertisement