Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POTW 608: 8/1/22 - 14/1/22

Options
  • 13-02-2022 9:24pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Goldfinch8

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

Adrian.Sadlier

gzoladz

NEW WAVE

CONGRATULATIONS Goldfinch8

Some information on the winning shot would be welcome

WELL DONE HMs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Thanks Myksyk and congrats Goldfinch8

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Thank you so much Myksyk for organising this every week and thank you also keps for your remarks above. I mentioned a couple of months ago that this is such a lovely thread to pop into and thank you to all those that contribute such lovely images every week.

Well done to the HM's. I am chuffed again and humbled that my own photo taken in January was chosen so thank you all to everyone that voted for it as well as all the other images.

The picture was taken in Drummin Wood next to Lough Cullin in Co. Mayo. It was a nice settled spell of weather and I wanted to capture the sun setting from a nice vantage point up along the Foxford Way. Those photos turned out only ok but the one above was one I took when I got back to the car by the lakeshore as dusk set in. Could have saved me a hike! It was a lovely calm evening and the sound of whooper swans calling before they settled in for the night carried across the lake.

I took it on my Samsung phone which is probably one of the reasons why objects like the moon certainly are not as crisp as I would liked it to have been. It was a glorious winter evening however and that is why photos are such lovely reminders of moments like this.

Thanks again folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Well done Goldfinch8. A lovely shot that captured a mood and a moment. That it is a phone camera just bears testament to the old saying - the best camera is the one you have with you.

And of course, thanks to Myksyk.

Advertisement