Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curracloe Wexford

Options
  • 13-02-2022 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like we are buying a mobile close to Curracloe, just outside Blackwater.

Any runners down that way? Beach looks like best bet for runs.

What's it like to do intervals and tempos on a beach ?

Thks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Lucky you, lovely spot for a mobile. I always found Curracloe great for running. You can pretty much run from Blackwater down to Ravens point, although I think the tide might come in very close down towards the point so sand might be soft. I’ve moved from the area so haven’t been down that far in a while.

One thing to watch is the wind. I used to start at Ballinesker and if there was a southerly wind, head down the quiet road parallel to the beach, down through the forest and back up the beach. Vice versa if northerly wind etc

Not sure on runners, you could contact Menapians in Wexford town or Slaney Olympic in Enniscorthy to see if they do any training runs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

The Raven nature reserve (I.e. “the forest” mentioned above) beside it is a good trail run, although a relatively flat one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

I tend to stick to the coast road and the forest when I'm running in Curracloe. I'm not a huge fan of beach running.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Do you not find the coast road busy?

Advertisement