Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird file manager problems

Options
  • 12-02-2022 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,993 ✭✭✭✭

Both my wife and daughter have Alcatel 3 phones running android 9. Since yesterday they've both been getting weird notifications from File Manager, "there are too much system garbage" [sic] and ads for a game popping up. Both phones are running F-Secure which isn't showing anything amiss. Searching for that error message exact phrase returns nothing! Any ideas? File Manager updated yesterday along with some other apps.

Life ain't always empty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Delete the update to the file manager app would be my 1st step.

If the issue persists after that? Given both are same phone, I'd be going through update history and rolling back to old versions on any update on the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,993 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That seems to have solved the problem, thanks. I rolled it back and disabled auto updates for that app.

I thought the file manager app was a standard one from Google but it's not, it's published by Alcatel... trying to annoy people into upgrading their phones maybe? 👺

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

If it can uninstalled and isn't baked in you'd be best off getting rid of it all together and replacing it with Solid Explorer or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Google have their own files app, it's on Pixel, may work on your device also :

• Registered Users Posts: 33,993 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Thanks I'll bear those in mind. The previous version of the Alcatel file manager app never caused a bother.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement