Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pringles, shrinking tube

Options
  • 11-02-2022 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭

Pringles have gone down from 200g tubes to 165g tubes but prices haven't changed. The smaller tubes listed as "new" on Tesco website, while the larger ones in my favourites show as out of stock. So sneaky.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sneakiness… It’s rife in food retail…

just had a couple of those Wispa mousse desserts… the carton was about 65% full, they are tiny enough anyway but ffs….

pringles must cost next to zero to manufacture so why they feel the need to charge the same but give less..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Got them in this week and queried it. Its basically a price increase but they want to keep the price point.

Seemingly shipping and packaging costs have rocketed and thats the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Totally agree.

It's a sneaky, sly and underhanded disgrace I tell you.

At least there's no need to worry about putting on the weight now they've resized.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

american economist Pippa Malmgren calls this shrinkflation, shes been monitoring it for some time now, seems to be rife with confection

• Registered Users Posts: 23,428 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Been going on for decades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Fookers

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Better to reduce the quantity than mess about with the ingredients using cheaper inputs and just entirely ruining the product... which has happened with big brand chocolate.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Quality? Seriously?

High fat content and not even proper potato.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭connected1

And I thought 90% of the complaints Pringles got were about the width of their cans? Just make 'em wider!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,964 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's a thread about Pringles reducing in size. Maybe you're in the wrong thread because you don't seem to someone who would lower themselves to doing something so common as eating Pringles. God forbid.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

And I was replying to a poster who said it was better than messing with the ingredients.

The ingredients are already as cheap as you can go.

40% fat, reconstituted potato and artificial flavour.

So only option now is shrinking the size

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

So 17.5 % less content but you are expected to pay the same as the larger product…At least Dick Turpin wore a mask…

pringles are crap now unless you got a decent dip…the texture sometimes is like something you’d use for wall insulation…

They’ve fallen off my snack list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Ah Jaysus not the Pringles now. Everything has increased in price now, local butchers used to 5 items for 20e for years, went in today and it was 5 items for 22e.

The RRP has dropped 8% it seems, but has anyone actually ever paid €3.25 for a tub of these.

But funny how the newspapers are highlighting higher prices, except for the average 9% increase in newspaper prices.

Advertisement