Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C4 piccasso fuel problems

Options
  • 11-02-2022 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys looking for some help, changed all 4 injector seals on my 07 1.6 picasso, i used a slide hammer to remove them as they were stuck with the excess carbon build up

The car was sitting up while it was stripped for 3 days because the motor factors gave me the wrong seals and washers

changed all seals, cut new seats and cleaned the injectors before refitting them

Everything went back together fine and I made sure that the injectors went back together the exact way they came apart and that they were refitted into the correct cylinder

But now that I've Everything back together it won't start, I've primed the fuel filter with the bubble but their is no fuel getting to the injectors and I'm stumped as what to do, the car will crank fine but will not even attempt to start

I have codes P0201 INJECTOR CIRCUIT/CYL 1 OPEN

P1351 IDM input circuit malfunction/ignition coil control circuit high voltage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Maybe they still need to be recoded because they've been reconditioned so that they deliver the correct amount of fuel at the right time, I think common rail fuel systems can be fussy about that.

Go back over them and check the electrical connections are all fully seated.

Have you removed the hard fuel line going into the injector from the common rail, just the injector end, one at a time, and crank the engine to see if fuel is coming up to all to the injectors?

Both of those codes point to an electrical issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hd97

They shouldn't have to be recoded because I cleaned them myself and they were refitted into the same cylinder,

I've checked that all the block connectors were connected and I've looked at the pins and they all seem to be intact and not corroded

I only loosened the hard lines at the injector as the rail is at the back of the block by the bulkhead

I have cranked the engine for 2-3 minutes after priming the filter after which I cracked the hard pipes and not even a dripple of fuel came out

I will get my multi meter tomorrow and check that I haven't damaged any wires

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Even with 4 odd injectors uncoded, it would still start, just run like a pig. The coding is for smooth running but afaik would not hold it back from starting.

My gut is this is going to be basic and nothing more than a priming issue, something tells me those 1.6 are difficult to prime after a fuel filter change, so after having the rail etc off could be a nightmare.

Is the primer bulb actually working? Where is the first point you do have fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hd97

Yes the priming bulb was soft and full of air, I had to pump it for a couple minutes until it went hard, so I know the filter is primed, I can't get to the rail as it it buried down the back if the engine

Advertisement