Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D Printer People Cork

Options
  • 11-02-2022 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Have an Ender 3 + Octoprint and trying to get started and it is absolutely wrecking my head.

Filament was coming out very thin strings and not sticking to the bed.

Levelled bed with sheet of paper.

No joy

Used pritstick on the bed

No joy

Cleaned Nozzle

No joy, nothing coming out

Changed Filament

Still nothing coming out.

HEAD MELTED.

Any help or advice, I reckon support groups are needed :D Anyone in cork I could bring it to to get started?

Nice one,

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

1st step in my experience is calibration of extruder steps.

Doing this matches up the amount of filament extruded with a known)expected value and ensures that the extruder is matched to output. I used this guide when I started out.

I would set the extruder calibration before I started bed levelling, others may do it differently. My preference for levelling starts with ensuring that the frame is trued and stable. Then placing the printer in "it's" spot and ensuring that it's location is solid and as near level as practible.

Loads of options and methods re bed levelling and varies widely on preference and printer type.

I'm a fan of levelling the Z-axis in lockstep with my bed. The horizontal left/right plane of my bed is levelled and then adjusting my Z-axis to absolute level relative with the bed.

That IMO makes the software levelling process simpler as it limits variation. I also lock my bed completely, as in I remove the adjustable screws in each corner and get the bed as close to level then lock it down with washers and shims.

I'm in Limerick so not much use to you in relation to practical help. Give r/creality and r/3dprinting in Reddit a look too. Plenty of help there and if I can answer any more questions? Shout, I'll try 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Where in cork are u?

Nozzle clogged?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

What file are you trying to print with? The initial layer settings might need to be tweaked. Use one of the included demo files for setup.

Advertisement