Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who remembers the birthday bumps?

Options
  • 11-02-2022 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Ages since I saw someone being given the bumps? When was the last time you saw them being given?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Allinall

The risk assessment doc. Is too much hassle to prepare in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Last time was at my nephew's 21st. 6 years ago. I had to jump in to save his mates from planting his face straight into the air conditioning unit on the pub's low celling.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

So glad my birthday fell during the school summer holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the bumps themselves weren't the issue it was all the kicks in the back you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BattleCorp1

We used to also get thrown into the river that was near our school on our birthdays. And wedgies. You'd want to be careful and wear flimsy jocks on your birthday. You were sawed in two if you wore swimming trunks instead of jocks. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I remember in my innocence, I only ever recall the birthday bumps being lifted and gently dropped from a few inches onto the ground.

Then the internet came along and I saw videos of scumbags basically throwing their mates ten feet in the air and risking paralysis in the name of "fun".

• Registered Users Posts: 34,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Like a lot of things, just an excuse for little bastards to be little bastards

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

We've been doing it in my family until the child reaches 12 - too heavy after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

Advertisement