Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Water Tank, constant drip

Options
  • 10-02-2022 10:47am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We have noticed the last week or so a constant dripping into our watertank, most noticeable at night. It's not overflowing, but it's annoying.

I'm fairly sure its the ball cock, but no idea what exactly I'd need to do to quickly fix it. Recently put a lid onto the tank as it turned out it just had a bit of insulation over it. The lid now has a bit of condensation on it, so I thought maybe the level of water was never quite high and the drip is related.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Had a plumber look at it, that happens. Didn't seem to get that it's constant in the evening and is a bit like Chinese water torture.

This was this afternoon. Could be a washer? I'm not sure if the tank is filling as much as it should. If I lift the arm it stops entirely. (and yes it needs a good descale)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yes I would say it's the washer, not sure why your plumber didn't just change the washer or even the ballcock itself tbh.

Advertisement